Driving Behaviour & Defensive Driving
Our driving behaviour and defensive driving course trains your drivers to analyse their own driving styles and undertstand safe and fuel efficient driving techniques to improve the safety and efficiency of their driving.
By the end of the course candidates will:
- Be able to identify and evaluate their own driving behaviour
- Be able to demonstrate safe and defensive driving principles using their own driving skills
- Have the ability to maximise vehicle fuel economy/efficiency.
This course is suitable for drivers who:
- Have a sense of responsibility in the workplace
- Have prior experience of professional driving
- Who value current environmental issues
- Hold a current valid UK driving licence
The course covers the following:
- The Highway Code
- Driving styles
- The effects of road predictability
- Optical behaviour and driving
- Vulnerable road users
- The effects of fatigue on driving behaviour
- Practical driving in urban and rural environments
- Defensive driving techniques
- Feedback on practical driving
The Driver Behaviour and Defensive Driving course concludes with an objective practical and theory assessment carried out by an RTITB examiner. All elements of the examination must be passed in order to be successfully complete the course. Successful candidates will receive recognition of their achievement with an RTITB certificate of completion.
If you would like to find out more please call our Instructor Academy team on +44 (0) 1952 520214 or drop us a line below and we’ll call you at a time convenient to you.
If you would like to come and visit us at the Instructor Academy to meet our team and see our facilities, let us know and we’ll make sure the kettle is on!