On 24th September 2018 the UK government released its guidance to the Road Haulage industry for a “no-deal Brexit”. The notice outlines what businesses need to do to prepare and what plans to consider.
The technical notice included a section on Driver CPC and the key points were as follows
- Little will change with regards to Driver CPC
- “No immediate plans to change any of the standards drivers have to meet”
- UK DCPC may not be recognised by EU
- UK will continue to recognise DCPC achieved in EU countries for EU drivers, including EU drivers who work for UK businesses
- Anyone with a UK DCPC can swap to an EU DCPC before March 2019. To do this the driver needs to apply to the relevant body in the EU country that wish to have issue their DCPC
RTITB is currently preparing Driver CPC course materials which will reflect that the UK has left the EU and these will be ready for use from 1st April 2019. If you would like to know more about RTITB’s Driver CPC course materials or the RTITB Master Driver CPC Consortium please contact Jane Hughes (Solutions Manager) on 01952 520207.